httpd-dev mailing list archives

From toki...@aol.com
Subject Re: Palm Treo access to OWA via Apache 2.2.x Proxy
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 16:58:14 GMT
Ray...
Can you send me just the part of your httpd config that governs this
transaction and the redirect to the IIS server? I really would like to
reproduce this here. The moment I can actually make it happen I have
tools in place that will show exactly WHEN/WHERE it's happening (not
gdb. I don't use it). All I have here is a simple mod_proxy setup with
a single ProxyPass staement redirecting all requests to a back end. You
are doing something with Virtual Hosts here, right? That COULD be
making a difference.

Yours
Kevin Kiley

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson@esri.com>
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:08:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Palm Treo access to OWA via Apache 2.2.x Proxy

> Nope.
>
> My test client is a Perl SOCKET level IO deal and I am able
> to send EXACTLY what was in your email as the 'fake' Treo
> request, including the 'messed up' Host:redowadev.esri.com
> header which is missing the SPACE character after the colon.
>
> Doesn't make any difference here.
>
> Apache parses the 'Host:' header with no problems and, as you
> said, corrects the header when it forwards it upstream, but
> the original 'fixing' of the inbound header appears to have
> nothing to do with any decision making with regards to
> 'Connection: close'.
>
> It's still a total mystery where that 'Connection: close'
> is actually coming from and I still cannot make it happen.

Ah, interesting.  So much for that theory...

> Glad you have a working solution but
> something tells me this isn't over yet.
>
> Still curious about who/what is/was adding that
> 'Connection: close' and why.
>
> If it starts appearing again give a shout.

Well, this is definitely still something I can reproduce easily (just
have to remove the RequestHeader directive), and I have a test server
where it's easy to troubleshoot.

I would *love* to step through this with gdb -- anyone out there a gdb
expert enough to tell me how to "capture" a bit of runtime and play it
back later so I can step through the source after the fact?  Doing it
in real time seems to not give consistent results.

Maybe oprofile would do the trick for me... seems like there should be
a way for gdb to "capture" the session though if its attached... I'll
dig into that sometime unless someone can give me a pointer off the top
of their head :)

Thanks,
Ray