httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: PR42829 (was: 2.2.9 status)
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 21:00:30 GMT

On May 29, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> On Thursday 29 May 2008, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> for 2.2.9, it would be nice to fix the epoll issue PR 42829,
>>> IMHO. The patch in the bug report works, even if it may not be
>>> the perfect solution.
>>
>> From what I can see, there is no real patch available or fully
>> tested enough to warrant anything for 2.2.9 right now.
>

> https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=21137 has been in
> Debian testing and unstable for about 6 months without problems. It
> is not an elegant solution but it works. Considering that is is not
> clear how an elegant solution would look like, including this patch
> might make sense.

Even if so, we cannot simply put it in 2.2.9. It needs to
be in trunk first, then tested, then proposed for backport
to 2.2.x and then voted on there before backported. Timing-wise,
it is VERY unlikely this will happen in time for 2.2.9. However,
some other prefork fixes I just added to STATUS in hopes of adding
them to 2.2.9...