httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Empty Reason Phrase (BZ 44995/45092)
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 19:29:47 GMT
Jeff Trawick schrieb:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 05/20/2008 08:52 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> Do we really need to require the space in the case that the reason phrase is
>> empty?
>
> No...  Both sets of code should be changed to consider the space
> optional.  We just need to make sure we generate the space in our
> response so some other software doesn't have to be so generous.

I attached two patches against trunk to BZ 44995, one for the
status_line validation in http_filters.c and one for the test when used
in error pages in http_protocol.c. Backports should be straighforward,
because the code didn't change locally.

I didn't yet test thoroughly, but if you like them in principle I'll go
through it.

Regards,

Rainer