httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Empty Reason Phrase (BZ 44995/45092)
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 14:52:22 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did some research on BZ 44995 and BZ 45092 and stumbled into the following
>> observation:
>>
>> It seems that httpd 2.0 and 2.2 require a non empty reason phrase in the
>> status line. RFC 2616 allows an empty reason phrase:
>
> just a little background for the time being, not intended to address
> the points you raise
>
> http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=114012084824065&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=114019226127669&w=2

Thanks for those pointers. Indeed the code fragment cited in my post
tries to handle those situations and I don't intend to remove them. What
seems to strong for me, is the check for non-emptiness of the reason
phrase. Checking consistency between the status codes in r->status and
r->status_line is still needed.

Regards,

Rainer