httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Hongli Lai <hongli...@gmail.com>
Subject Do the worker and prefork MPMs forcefully kill child processes?
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 17:21:00 GMT
Hi, this is a question about Apache module development. I'm not sure
whether I'm writing to the right mailing list, but this topic doesn't
seem belong to the user mailing list. Please forgive me if I should have
sent this email to a different mailing list.

I'm planning on using shared memory in my Apache module. This shared
memory contains data structures, and will be read from and written to by
all the Apache processes and threads. Needless to say, the data
structures must be kept in a consistent state.

So I'm wondering whether the prefork and worker MPM will ever forcefully
child processes. If that happens then I won't be able to keep my data
structures in a consistent state.

Regards,
Hongli Lai