httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: jumbo patch from 39380 - and moving things 'up' to mod_cache itself
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 22:44:00 GMT
Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> I'm not convinced that forking the disk cache having two similar ones
> tuned for different usecases is a good idea in the long run, I'm pretty
> sure that the parts that needs tweaking can be solved with config
> options and documentation. For a development sprint like this it seems
> sane though, although one option could be to simply do a branch of
> modules/cache and go wild with the controversial parts until all parties
> are satisfied.

I think in the long run, the large_disk_cache can probably replace the
standard disk cache we have now. Running them in parallel however gives
us the chance to address the issues in the large_disk_cache, eventually
we'd probably want to retire the old disk cache.

I am currently preoccupied with getting mod_auth_form and friends bedded
down, followed by getting the evp code in APR sorted out, but after that
the plan is to look at the cache again, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Regards,
Graham