httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Ford <A.F...@ford-mason.co.uk>
Subject Looking for reviewers for the second edition of the Apache Pocket Reference
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 11:43:59 GMT
I am nearly finished with the technical review draft of the second
edition of the Apache Pocket Reference (my deadline for this is 30 May),
and am looking for a number of people to review the manuscript.  I would
be very grateful for any volunteers and I believe that there will be
some free copies of the book for reviewers from O'Reilly.

O'Reilly are planning on this being published in August this year
(details already on their web site and i's on Amazon for pre-order).
The new edition has been completely overhauled and expanded (looks like
the page count will increase from 112 to about 170), with the focus
being on 2.2, and with compatibility information for users of 1.3.
Following chats with some of the core developers at ApacheCon Europe
last month I have decided to not bother with compatibility information
for users of 2.0.

As part of the research for the book I have been looking at the
documentation and comparing with the source code, and have found a few
errors which I am reporting to the docs project.  Once I've finished the
technical review draft of the book I am planning on creating a new quick
reference card for Apache 2.2 and updating the old 1.3 version to remove
compatibility information for 1.2.

As I say, I would be very grateful for help.  If you are interested,
please contact me directly (A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk).

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House