httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Fry" <...@google.com>
Subject Expect: non-100 messages
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:40:36 GMT
Greetings Apache Developers,

We have implemented an Apache module which needs to process incoming
Expect headers for non-100-expectations. The version of
server/protocol.c currently in the trunk has a hard-coded Expect
header check that handles "Expect: 100-continue", but fails on any
other expectation. It would seem consistent with the general
modularization of the the httpd server to be able to allow
non-100-expectations to be accepted and processed when desired. We
would be glad to help make the code modifications to accommodate such
functionality, if that would facilitate making such a change. Let us
know how to best proceed to enable non-100-expectations in httpd.

thanks,
Charles

P.S. For the curious, the module we have created which requires this
functionality implements the protocol described at:
http://code.google.com/p/google-gears/wiki/ResumableHttpRequestsProposal