httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] move all mod_*.h with public APIs to ./include folder
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:45:45 GMT
Hi,
> Please specify which headers specifically you consider to be public.
at least:

mod_cache.h
mod_core.h
mod_dav.h
mod_dbd.h
mod_proxy.h
mod_session.h

> For example, are mod_ssl's headers public?
I'm not sure; mod_ssl.h and a couple of other module headers contain APR_DECLARE_OPTIONAL_FN();
if these are meant to be consumed by other modules (which I think so) then yes.

> what about mod_cache?  There are known 3rd party mod_cache backends, yet
> in the past we have 'broken' the API in 2.0.x, because we said they
> weren't public.
It is public since there are CACHE_DECLARE() ap* functions declared which get exported; and
these lead to make 3rd-party modules consume them; same goes for mod_proxy.h -> PROXY_DECLARE()
and mod_dav.h -> DAV_DECLARE(); mod_auth.h should probably also be included with this list
although it doesnt contain any function declarations, but it does contain defines and structs
which are used by other modules AFAICT.

Guenter.