httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r646281 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/http_protocol.h modules/http/http_filters.c
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:07:07 GMT

On 9 Apr 2008, at 17:33, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 05:07:33PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> Joe Orton wrote:
>>> I don't understand why *that* stuff needed to be in the core.  It is
>>> certainly possible to consume then reinject the request body,
>>> without
>>> changing one line of core filters; it's done in mod_ssl, see
>>> ssl_io_filter_buffer/ssl_io_buffer_fill.
>> What about modules that call ap_discard_request_body? Once the
>> body has
>> been discarded, the body is discarded, there is no way to get it
>> back.
> The entire request body passes through the input filter stack when
> it is
> being discarded.  So an input filter inserted by a module can capture
> and buffer it somewhere very easily; and can provide access to that
> buffered copy however it likes, without needing to modify request_rec.

c.f. my mod_form (at, which does just that,
providing optional functions for other modules to access the
form data.

mod_form isn't (as it stands) clean enough to propose for
inclusion in httpd.  But I think it would be a pretty trivial job
either to fix or duplicate it.  And I'm happy for a module derived
from it to be ASL-licensed if it's being dropped into httpd.

Nick Kew

View raw message