httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration for the hackathon?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:41:42 GMT
On 4/1/08 5:35 AM, "Issac Goldstand" <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:

> I don't think we're even talking about on-the-fly stuff for the "Lua"
> parser engine, so Perl can do everything that Lua can.

I am.

The biggest problems I have with current system are:
-Every module does things differently
-No real per-request configuration.  Some modules use env to do some of
this.
-I have to write a good bit of code before a module is configurable. (I'm
lazy. Very lazy.)

If we do what niq suggests (which, if we stick with current config system is
fine) is that it just adds another layer on top of all the existing issues.

With lua, for example you could make modules Lua modules... Maybe could do
same in perl??

My opinion (which is worthless, I know) is to pick one way and do it.  Lua
is easy to learn and satisfies most (all?) of our requirements.  And if
Brian M. and I can learn it, anyone can ;)

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer