httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Time Based Releases
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:24:14 GMT

Well put. Reminds me of André's question "What problem are we trying to solve?"
The only benefit I can see in the schedule is that it gives all of us a gentle
reminder every x month that we should think about a new release. If there are
not enough people then that think that a release makes sense then there will
be no release.
So my point in proposing a longer period than the two month is that I want
to increase the likelyhood that enough people think that a release makes sense.
IMHO it would be a pity if the RM puts its valueable time in creating a
release tarball that fails to get the needed votes.
Even if gets enough votes I think it would be bad if the testing is limited
due to a tough schedule which could lower the quality of the release.

View raw message