httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Time Based Releases
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:15:46 GMT

On Apr 12, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
> This is something I have been thinking about for awhile, and
> discussed with a few other http server people before.
> I think that for the 'stable' branch, we should move to time based
> releases.
> My proposal is for every 2 months, we do a release of the main
> stable branch, which at this time is 2.2.x.
> I also volunteer to be the Release Manager for the first couple
> releases, assuming no one else really wants to do them :-)
> Thoughts?

As the person who's been pushing the last several releases out, I'm
+1 on having a set schedule, assuming, of course, that we aren't holding
ourselves to it ("it's done when it's done" after all), and I'm still
planning on calling for a 2.2.9 release soon and will continue to
offer to RM.

View raw message