httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: AuthzMergeRules directive
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:53:12 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

> I could go along with switching the default merging rule from OR to AND,
> even within a dir block.  The reason why it is OR today was basically
> for backward compatibility.  Since there really wasn't any kind of logic
> before, OR was just the default.  If we switch to AND as being the default
> within a dir block, it may break some existing configurations.
> However I also think that AND is a safer merging rule going forward.

   If we just switch the AuthzMergeRules default state to Off, and make
On mean AND, that would be a great start.  Then maybe we can revisit
and take a look at what breaks if the within-block merging is AND too;
if it breaks too much stuff, maybe it needs to stay OR.  Right now
I can't say I have an informed opinion on that.  Thanks again for working
through this stuff,

Chris.