httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject low hanging fruit in proxy_balancer
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:49:07 GMT
One of our class attendees this week had an interesting suggesting for
a balancer-manager feature.  Right now each member is a 2-state, either
enabled or disabled.

For session stickiness, he suggested a tristate third option to bleed
out the remaining sessions, dispatching no /new/ sessions into the
particular member.  This would let the existing sessions drain and
complete, in order to take down a member without disrupting any logins.

Of course my plate is entirely full for several months, so I'm just
tossing it out to balancer fans to see if anyone shares his itch.

View raw message