httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.9 (Was: Re: [PROPOSAL] Time Based Releases)
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:36:09 GMT
Plüm wrote:
> IMHO we already forward them escaped. The problem is that things get
> unescaped first and for reserved characters like ';' this process
> cannot be reverted. So if the original URL contained an escaped ';'
> the forwarded one will contain a literal ';'.
> With mod_proxy or better ProxyPass you already can get around this
> by specifying the nocanon option which causes the the original
> URL to be forwarded (much like JkOptions +ForwardURICompatUnparsed).

That makes sense -- as we're only having issues with ";" to the best of
my knowledge.

That said, we need to use the rewrite stuff shown in the bug (unless
there's another way we're missing) to forward just the appropriate
requests to Tomcat.  Is there a way we're missing (that would ideally be
clearly documented...) to avoid running into issues with ";" when using
mod_proxy and mod_rewrite as we are?  If not, then one is really needed
for ";".

--
Jess Holle