httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] move all mod_*.h with public APIs to ./include folder
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:59:27 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
> in order to simplify future configuration, and most important to have same include path
structure with both in-tree and installed compilations I think it makes sense to move all
mod_*.h headers with public APIs to the common ./include folder.

> Current votes:
>
> +1 wrowe, fuankg
>
> please vote, and also explain a reason if you vote against.
>
> Guenter.

Please specify which headers specifically you consider to be public.

For example, are mod_ssl's headers public?

what about mod_cache?  There are known 3rd party mod_cache backends, yet
in the past we have 'broken' the API in 2.0.x, because we said they
weren't public.

I don't think this needs a 'vote' for trunk, just send an email to the
list explaining what modules headers are being made public.

Thanks,

-Paul