httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r646445 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa: mod_auth_basic.c mod_auth_digest.c
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:50:10 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> So we are using the optional function only because we do not have the defines
> for AUTHN_PROVIDER_GROUP and the version number around in request.c. If they
> would be around it would be quite fine to call ap_list_provider_names directly
> from there, correct?

   Yes, and in fact, there's no need for a function call at all, you
can just look up the provider list directly in that case.  Much cleaner,
except for all the config magic changes (as discussed by others);
I can more or less guarantee that I'll break the Windows and/or the
Netware builds trying to get mod_auth.h to be included.  :-)  But
a +1 from me on the idea, if others are willing to do the repair
work afterwards for those platforms.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B