httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r646281 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/http_protocol.h modules/http/http_filters.c
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:10:25 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> -1.  Bloat like this belongs in a module.

This piece of code depends on the KeptBodySize directive, which is part
of the http_filter, and sits alongside ap_discard_request_body().

I can move it into another module, but then that just gives the
administrator one extra thing to configure incorrectly.

Putting it in mod_auth_form meant that mod_auth_form would be delving
into the internals of the http_filter module, which seems wrong to me.
Rather let http_filter export a formal function to the world, than
having external modules poking around inside it.

Regards,
Graham