httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r644357 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/conf/extra/httpd-dav.conf.in
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:05:12 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> I'll admit I never tested that, but "file" is supposed to be the
> default for AuthDigestProvider. Why didn't it work before?

Possibly another of the example configs has overriden the AuthDigestProvider
selection?  Or perhaps this default works for AuthBasicProvider but not
Digest?  I just encountered it teaching a class, and this patch corresponds
to the flavor of the conf file in trunk, so fixed.

Researchers welcome to delve in and discover why it is even required :)