httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration for the hackathon?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:54:07 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'd prefer optimum runtime and let that drive how it gets exposed to
> the admin, rather than the reverse... And then we can see if that
> pain is worth it :)

   +1 to this as a guiding principle.

   I know our administrators would, above all else, like a standard
way to build up configuration files from templates.  Perhaps that could
be mod_macro packaged in the main distribution, or some kind of
"configulator" utility, or yet something else.

   Dynamic (re)configuration issues are a lesser concern for them, I
think; it would be great if whatever is implemented could be largely
optional so it can be loaded only if necessary.  Good luck at the
hackathon!

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B