httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Corsix <cor...@www.corsix.org>
Subject Re: On future mod_wombat improvements
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:23:17 GMT
Hey Maxime,

My thoughts on possible improvements for mod_wombat are as follows:
* Lua bindings for relevant portions of the Apache Portable Runtime;
the io, lfs (LuaFileSystem) and luasocket libraries look like they
could be nicely done through APR functions
* Better win32/VisualC++ support
* Compile time option to exclude libapreq2 (and thus not export to Lua
functions dependant upon it), in future leading to a built-in
semi-replacement which would re-export those functions
* Proper website and documentation rather than just a subversion repo
* Sample blog / wiki / forum / other common web app. coded in Lua for mod_wombat
* Extended debug reports with stack traces by default when an error
occurs during script loading or executing rather than just an error
message

I would be interested in doing some work of my own on mod_wombat over
the 'summer' as well, even though I'm too young to be a GSoC student.

Peter