httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r646126 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/session:mod_session.c mod_session_cookie.c mod_session_crypto.c mod_session_dbd.c
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:52:35 GMT
Hi Ruediger,
> 1. Why using AP_DECLARE for functions that seem to be clearly used as
> functions
>     local to this file. IMHO static int would be better.
> 2. Why using an ap_ prefix for a local function? IMHO only exported
> function
>     should get this prefix. Otherwise you might get confused reading the
>     code
>     by assuming that these functions get exported.

> BTW: This comment is valid for all session stuff.
from what I see mod_session does indeed export at least these:
ap_hook_session_decode
ap_hook_session_encode
ap_hook_session_load
ap_hook_session_save

and f.e. mod_session_crypt does then consume them;
on NetWare I need to manually control these exports / imports and tell them to the linker.

Guenter.