httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <>
Subject On future mod_wombat improvements
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:52:31 GMT

As some of you may know, mod_wombat, the Apache module allowing Lua code
to be run on top of the Apache HTTPd web server, was on the project list
for the Google Summer of Code. And thanks to some people here in the
attendance, and to Google of course, my proposal to work on mod_wombat
has been accepted. So, thanks again! I'm happy to be back into the ASF
community after my work on mod_mbox in 2005!

I'm starting this thread here on dev@httpd to bootstrap a discussion
about mod_wombat's close future. A few weeks ago, some ideas were risen
here on this same list, including the original GSoC project, the
integration of the DBD API to mod_wombat to allow database interaction
from the executed Lua scripts (which would by far increase the
capabilities of potential developments using mod_wombat).

But Matthew Bruke (my official GSoC mentor) and Brian McCallister told me
that they were open to other ideas. So let's broaden our horizons a
little bit and hear what people may have in mind for mod_wombat!

My knowledge of the module, its capabilities and its history is for now
still a bit limited, and I would like to hear what people think would
be a nice improvement, a interesting feature or must-have that we can use
this GSoC for developing it. So, feel free to jump in and write down some

- Maxime
Maxime Petazzoni <>

View raw message