httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Apache support for form authentication
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:17:30 GMT
On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:03:06 +0200
Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> It would be significantly simpler to teach Apache how to do form
> logins,

+1.  It's something no doubt most of us have reinvented.
A standardised/bundled solution would be great!

> It is hoped that with a standard session interface, the number of
> ad-hoc solutions out there for solving the session problem can be
> reduced significantly.
>
> I hope to have the bulk of this committed before Apachecon so that
> people can take a look. Will follow up shortly.

If it's there before I go, I'll take a look en route.
See you at the hackathon?

One more point.  Stepping up a level, the session management
wants to be unified with other logins, even those that don't need it.
Especially those popular amongst SSO folks, like LDAP.
Hopefully that'll come for free with your modules!

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/