httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r646445 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa:mod_auth_basic.c mod_auth_digest.c
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:29:01 GMT
Hi Chris,
>    True -- an alternative might be to do the following:

> - #define AUTHN/Z_PROVIDER_VERSION "0" in mod_auth.h
> - change all the authn/z modules to use #defines in place of hard-coded
>   "0" provider versions (maybe not a bad thing to do anyway)
> - #include mod_auth.h in request.c (mostly involves lots of fiddling
>   with config.m4 files and the like, for each platform)
> - eliminate the optional function call entirely

>    I worked on this approach but concluded people might not appreciate
> all the changes to the config files and so forth, although the actual
> code per se is a little simpler and cleaner.  If this is preferred by
> a majority, though, I'm happy to implement it this way instead.  Thoughts?

We recently found that at least for Win32 install we missed to pack a bunch of mod_*.h includes
with the distros (Bill fixed this then, and this reminds me that I should do same for NetWare...);
however I'm asking me why we dont just put those mod_*.h files which are known to be non-private
to one module only into the common ./include dir rather than keeping them in the module's
folders?
Wouldnt that simplify all installs + no need for config.m4 tweaks since the common ./include
dir is anyway already with the include path?

Any thoughts about such a change?
is there any reason why they should stay in the module folders?

Guenter.