httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Nordstrom <hen...@henriknordstrom.net>
Subject Re: Expect: non-100 messages
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:12:14 GMT
fre 2008-04-04 klockan 00:01 +0200 skrev Julian Reschke:

> I think it's clear that a proxy that sees "Expect: foobar" will have to
> immediately fail with status 417 if it doesn't know what "foobar" means.

Yes, that's a MUST level requirement in 14.20 Expect.. third paragraph,
and further clarified with another MUST level requiement in the fifth
paragraph..

But older versions of HTTP/1.1 did not specify Expect and
implementations based on those versions will just pass it thru as any
other extension header, but I somehow doubt the proxy vendors are stuck
at that..

Regards
Henrik