httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Chuguev" <Chug...@Clickstream.com>
Subject Re: mod_disk_cache and atimes
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:15:06 GMT
Hi Dirk-Willem,

Can you please clarify your mentioning the bucket-brigade footprint?
Are they so slow they make memory-based cache no more efficient then
disk-based one? Or the opposite: sendfile() works so well that serving
content from memory is not any faster?

I'm developing an Apache output filter for highly loaded servers and
proxies that juggles small-size buckets and brigades extensively. I'm
not at the stage yet where I can do performance tests but if I knew
this would definitely impact performance, I would perhaps switch to
fixed-size buffers straight away...

Thank you.
	KC