httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: mod_disk_cache and atimes
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:43:57 GMT

On Mar 25, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Akins, Brian wrote:

> Use really small files so you won't fill up pipe.  Using 1 1x1 gif,
> I run
> out of CPU before I run out of bandwidth.

Agreed. This is what I was working on.

> My cache size is smaller and is in /dev/shm.

In that case - you are not going to see any delta with a mem-disk or
real disk :). I am hoping that mod_mem_cache can be made faster though
-- as it can in theory dispense with a lot more than just mod_memmap.
But the footprint of the bucked-brigades seems such that it barely
matters (and I am right now stuck on the CPU which has the ethernet
card its IRQ beeing way too afine).

Dw