httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration for the hackathon?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:17:01 GMT
On 3/27/08 3:58 AM, "Torsten Foertsch" <torsten.foertsch@gmx.net> wrote:

>  So I was going to reimplement it based on mod_wombat some
> time this year.

The nice thing about lua, in addition to being lightweight, is that most of
the url mapping/rewriting can be simple lua statements.

<Lua fixups>
if string.match(r.uri, '/something') then
     r.filename = '/www/that/path'
end
</Lua>

And if the more "complicated" modules had a little lua "glue":

if string.match(r.uri, '/something') then
     mod_cache:cacheable( r )
end

If one were so inclined, the entire configuration could be lua.  Just define
and register these functions that need to run per request.

My $.02 US (which isn't much these days...)

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer