httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flood patches/mods
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 22:28:39 GMT

On Mar 5, 2008, at 9:31 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Right now we have "Apache httpd-1.3" and "Apache httpd-2.0" products
> in
> bugzilla, and none of the subcategories fit really well.
>
> I'd love to see the second renamed "Apache httpd-2" to avoid
> confusion.

Wait, I thought that was done a long time ago...

> Do we want a new Bugzilla category such as "Apache httpd test" with
> the
> only subcomponents of "flood", "perl-framework" (or test-framework)
> and
> "specweb plugin"?  Or would it be more useful to have "Apache httpd
> flood"
> (or simply httpd flood) as a specific category?

Having a separate Product buys mainly you Components, so you can do
subcategories.  Given the existing distinction between httpd 1.3 and
2.x, it'd make sense to make a httpd-test product with 'flood' and
'perl-framework' Components.  If we want more granularity on
components, like "build" "features" "performance" etc., we'd have to
give them their own Product.

I wouldn't worry about mod_specweb99.

S.

--