httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration for the hackathon?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:05:01 GMT
Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Paul Querna wrote:
>> Akins, Brian wrote:

>>> This is what I had in mind when I suggested having <Lua> blocks of
>>> code.  No
>>> need to invent a new language when a perfectly fine one exists...
>>>

>> +1, and embed Lua in the core, and a dozen problems just like this are
>> solved.
>
> -0.5  PLEASE not in the core.  Make mod_wombat a standard module and
> part of the default moduleset, whatever, but let's not make more core
> dependencies, please?!?

-0.99 - agreed.  Perl is perfectly happy having <perl> blocks as modular
behaviors... I've noticed a trend in the last few years of building on the
core (and folks rightfully accused me of growing mod_proxy core when new
directives are rightfully part of mod_proxy_{whatever}).

Let's focus on keeping it in useful pieces, even if they are built by
default.