httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PR44641: Does patch make sense
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:46:11 GMT

On 03/19/2008 10:22 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:01:35 +0100
> Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Does the following patch for PR44641 attached by the reporter makes
>> sense?
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=21691
>>
>> I am a little bit worried that we could use the wrong pool in
>> register_hooks. So some additional eyes please.
>
> Looks to me like he's right about the bug, and you're right

No doubt about this.

> about the pool.  Though the pool usage is pretty negligible,
> so we could just turn a blind eye to it.
>
> If we want to be fussy, we could create a subpool and destroy
> it in post_config.

I am *not* worried about some sort of memory leak with the pool used
by register_hooks. It is the contrary: I am not sure if the register_hooks
pools gets destroyed / cleared too *early* or in between so that we are pointing
to invalid memory. So please some eyes on this aspect.

Regards

RĂ¼diger