httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject Re: Huge httpd-process
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:27:15 GMT
Hello,

> If you think this is a bug, please open a bug in bugzilla. Adding you configuration
> to the bug could be also helpful.

in the meantime I have upgraded to 2.2.8, but I still sometimes see
processes like this:

  2069 nobody    15   0    1   0:46.23 87.6 2460m 1.7g 1564 D httpd

httpd is consuming 87% of the ram. Why does he do that? How can I trace
what the process is doing? I guess it is useless to post bug report
without additional information.

>> consume that much memory (we are not using mod_php, mod_perl or anything
>> like that).
>
> Do you use any other third party modules?

I'm using a self-programmed module for dynamic mapping from hostnames to
document-roots from a berkeley db. But it is read only. The same
configuration is running on different servers, but only one with a high
load seems to cause this problem.

Regards
Marten