httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: mod_disk_cache and atimes
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:37:25 GMT

On Mar 24, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Skye Poier Nott wrote:

> Does mod_disk_cache use file atimes at all?  I'd like to mount my
> cache filesystem "noatime" to see if it helps performance, if it's
> safe.

No - it does not; so you get that speed increase (which is very
noticable on a swapspace/ram-disk*). On BSD, if it is a true cache,
you may want to experiment with the async as well.

Dw

*: and consider** having -just- your really heavily used cacheroot
point to there.
**: would be nice to have some sort of snmp monitor which gave us the
footprint in near real time.