httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Generic expression parser for httpd
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:29:49 GMT
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:29:03 -0400
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2008, at 7:45 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> > Back in November, we briefly discussed an expression parser
> > as a core httpd feature[1].
> >

> I see that this is now added... cool.

Well, I was just leaving long enough for any objections!

> I was wondering though if something like this is more
> suited to APR itself, rather than a httpd util feature...
> A quick look indicates that whenever request_rec is used it's
> simply to obtain the correct pool. Of course, this would
> place that dependency external to us, which is what we
> may want to avoid in order for us to use this in the
> somewhat short term ;)

Yes, that thought had occurred to me too.  It's a little
more work in mod_include than perhaps you've noticed,
because of the use of include_ctx_t in all its function
calls.  But as far as ap_expr is concerned, it's basically
the pool and error reporting we're concerned with.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/