httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: PR44641: Does patch make sense
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:59:56 GMT
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:29:03 +0000
Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:57:47 +0200
> Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't think it's a problem.  IIRC, the pool that goes to
> > register_hooks is the pconf pool anyway.
>
> It's a process pool.  Other usages of it - for example,
> the authn providers - require it to remain alive!

Issac emailed me privately and shows that it is indeed pconf,
which behaves as we need it to without extra trouble.
Yours truly wasn't thinking straight and should go to bed.

Seems to me that the patch should be just fine as-is.
With the proviso I'm probably still not thinking straight
at this hour.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/