httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ronald Park <r...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Re: mod_proxy / ProxyTimeout fix 2.0.63
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:22:01 GMT
(I don't know why but I seem to be randomly kicked
off this mailing list, so I apologize for breaking
the thread chain on this topic and I apologize for
the lateness of this reply but random events are
conspiring against me...)

> On Mar 4, 2008 16:38:45 GMT, Jim Jagielski  wrote:
> Looking over this, I see that ap_proxy_connect_to_backend() sets
> the socket timeout to conf->timeout already...

Correct... and so ProxyTimeout is used for doing
a timeout on the "connect" part...

however, ap_run_pre_connection resets the timeout
to the value of the Timeout directive.

so ProxyTimeout does not govern the actual sending
and receiving of the proxied request, Timeout does.

(This is what I tried to say in the comments,
sorry it wasn't clear.)

I'm reattaching the patch, just in case. :)

Ron