httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kiffin Gish <kiffin.g...@tomtom.com>
Subject How to return HTTP error codes using hook filter ...
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:53:30 GMT
I've created a filter using ap_hook_handler(hook_handler_wmserr, NULL,
NULL, APR_HOOK_FIRST).

This filter does some sanity checks, and if something is wrong should
respond to the requester with an XML message containing the error
details, and return HTTP_BAD_REQUEST; /* 400 */

However, apache will respond with the default HTTP_BAD_REQUEST message
text and ignore the changes I make calling the ap_set_content_type() and
ap_rprintf() routines.

Unless I return 0 then it works fine, except the result is 200 OK when
it should be 400 Bad request.

How can I change the body and indicate the error code which should be
returned?

--
Kiffin Gish | Desktop & Services Development | TomTom |
kiffin.gish@tomtom.com | +31 (0) 6 15529214 mobile | +31 (0) 20 850 0989

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, we request
that you notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s),
without copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any other way. TomTom
N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belonging to the TomTom group of companies
will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or
any other information.