httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject AES128-SHA and user-agent
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:14:37 GMT
Folks,

Does anyone happen to be sitting right next to an https server which
sees a lot of *_random_* browsers and/or similar wildness. I'd love to
have someone run a quick grep for User-Agent strings which end up
negotiating exactly 'AES128-SHA' over TLSv1 taken over the past few
weeks/months.

I've got a hunch of something being broken - but cannot pin it on a
specific browser or SSL stack (though I suspect it being some SP pack
of Vista pulling in updates; the waves seems to be time driven) -  as
the connections die* before exactly when it gets that far. And we
never logged the user-agents.

Thanks,

Dw

* Around: >>> TLS 1.0 Handshake [length 0010], Finished 14 00 00 0c 65
df 2b 61 b9 af 87 34 38 06 2c bb