httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: VC 'library' builds with visual studio
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:13:52 GMT

The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>; "list mod_perl" <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:24 AM
Subject: VC 'library' builds with visual studio

Will it seems after VS 2003 MS has gone off at a tangent...
I was trying to get the Harnony project going on 2005/2008
... its impossible.

I think MS is pulling their C tools closer to .Net C# and the like.
... the problem I found which just causes millions of compiler errors and
warnings is
that effectively MS seem to have deprecated any null terminated functions,
probably
because that fits the VB model better.

I read the blog, that guy is having problems moving MS to MS... try port a
non MS
project to VS 2008... it hurts ;)

I've been hunting around trying to see if there is a good multiplatform C
dev environment, I
think now there is a huge need for one... or possibly a toolkit for 2008
that makes
the thing backward compatible, or something... its a problem.

VS is .Net contaminated ;)