httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Obervation Apache 2.2.8 with Visual Studio 2008
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:47:55 GMT
I noticed that here the memory used by httpd.exe is less when I comment out:

#Win32DisableAcceptEx
#EnableSendfile Off
#EnableMMAP off

Looks like  the use of AcceptEx()is no pain anymore.

I made a build available on http://www.apachelounge.com

The supported Windows I have bumped up, and the minimum system required:

Windows Server 2008
Windows Vista
Windows Server 2003 SP1
Windows XP SP2

Consequense is that Win2000 and Windows less then XP2 is not supported.

Interesting new in VC9 is:
The compiler contains tuning for the Intel Core microarchitecture during
code generation. This tuning is on by default and cannot be disabled as it
also helps Pentium 4 and other processors.

Steffen.