httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Stromsoe <...@cts.ucla.edu>
Subject r->user not logged for authenticated requests with handlers outside the protected area
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:45:26 GMT
I'm running PHP as a CGI with a configuration similar to

<virtualhost *:80>
   addtype application/x-httpd-php .php
   addhandler php-handler .php
   action php-handler /cgi-bin/php-cgi

   documentroot /opt/html
   scriptalias /cgi-bin/php-cgi /opt/cgi-bin/php-cgi

   <directory /opt>
     order allow,deny
     allow from all
   </direectory>

   <directory /opt/html>
     require valid-user
   </directory>
</virtualhost>

I have authentication set up using files.  The authentication piece is
working fine.  Documents in /opt/html that are not handled by php-handler
are properly logged with r->user.

All requests for php in /opt/html authenticate properly but don't set
REMOTE_USER and are logged with r->user == NULL.  I'm guessing that's
because the handler is not inside the protected directory.

Feature or bug?  I can provide more detail if that's not eough.

-Chris