httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: ping for http in mod_proxy
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:41:59 GMT

Agreed, but I doubt that it is possible with a reasonable amout of health
check frequency to find out before the first real request falls through,
provided that your health checks are designed to only fail if the backend
is down. If your health checks are smarter and notice that the backend will
fail soon (e.g. because it reached 98% or 99% percent of its capacity) then
this is a different story and can be very useful.
Regarding the reactivation of a failed backend I fully agree: Active health
checks would be an asset here instead of just retrying failed backends periodically
with real requests.

Regards

Rüdiger