httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: board report due tomorrow
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:57:05 GMT
On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
>> On 18 Feb 2008, at 08:29, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>>>
>>> I think we also adopted mod_dns at Apachecon,
>> That'll be *cough* _provisionally_ adopted.  Decisions are made on-
>> list.
>> Remind me where to find the thread.
>
> I hope this link works, as I haven't used Markmail's new UI very
> much yet:
> http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=mod_dns#query:mod_dns+page:1
> +mid:juhrpyxq635mhy6n+state:results

Ah, the problem with having a proposal that lots of people +1 and nobody
concludes with a "okay, it's approved, now here's what we do next"
message
is that everyone assumes someone else is handling it.  I should have
picked
it up when your ping went unanswered.

>>> although it's *cough cough* still not in SVN :)
>> Evidently no committer has taken up the baton.
>> *cough*  :-)
>
> Interestingly enough, I thought *that* was provisional, since those
> votes happened on the PMC list and while some folks told me
> informally that it had happened, this is the first notice I've seen
> it "formally" anywhere - I suppose I never tried to actually use
> the commit bits yet either; I only looked at Jim's committer list
> once or twice since then, (which is embarassingly up-to-date now,
> though I swear it only listed me on httpd-apreq last time I
> looked... :D)

Likewise, I thought (from the commentary) that someone on the PMC was
already
helping you with the process, and since you were already a committer
on apreq
and already asked for the commit access... in other words, none of
the normal
things that would cause me to send you a message when I added the karma
applied.  Too many assumptions.

> Anyway, I'll shut up and stop making a public fool of myself now.

Nah, nothing would ever happen around here if we didn't have reminders.
Let's finish the mod_dns stuff on its own thread.

....Roy