httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Proxy's pre_request and post_request hooks
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:18:09 GMT

On Feb 16, 2008, at 8:55 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>

>> On Feb 14, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>>
>>> Soooooo I'm proposing changing to RUN_ALL...
>>>

>> Bueller...?  Bueller...?
>
> Just been playing a bit - but fail to understand how this can be
> made to work for anything old ? Or am I misunderstanding your 2.2.
> desires and is this pure trunk ?

As mentioned previously, this is for trunk, but not pure
trunk.

IMO, this needs to be fixed, at least in trunk. The current
impl basically prevents anything else from using these hooks,
with the assumption that once our hooks complete, no one
else would possibly want to use them. In which case, why
even have a hook? So, I am guessing that there is no one
else in the whole wide world using this "API"... We make
it too difficult for them. Unless you use REALLY_FIRST,
you are pretty much guaranteed that you won't be called.
Doesn't that seem bogus?

Alternately, of course, would be adding 2 additional
hooks after proxy_run_pre_request and another between
proxy_run_post_request and proxy_run_request_status...
But that's just ugly :)