httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: RFC: extracting the mod_ssl session cache interface
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:45:10 GMT

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:
>> The session cache interface in mod_ssl on the trunk is now mostly SSL-
>>  and mod_ssl-agnostic with respect to the data storage and configuration.
>>  There is still some tight coupling between the session cache and the
>>  ssl_mutex interface, but that's next on my hit list.
>>
>>  Is there any interest in seeing this extracted from mod_ssl and made
>>  available for general use?  It could probably e.g. be used by
>>  mod_auth_digest for the MD5-sess code, and I can think of some
>>  third-party modules which could probably use it too (mod_gnutls).
>>
>>  My vague plan would be to finish de-SSL-ifying the code, then moving it
>>  to modules/cache and calling it mod_sesscache or mod_socache ("small
>>  object") or something along those lines.
>
> "mod_small_cache"?

-0

It sounds like that *Should* be mod_cache_small (which will muck up the
cache namespace).  I'd rather see one longish name like Joe suggested
than leave "cache" on its own

+1 to the idea in general.  If the cache isn't memory-only based, would
be nice to see this done in apr-dbd for easy porting of backend storage
systems...