httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: ping for http in mod_proxy
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:41:54 GMT
Akins, Brian wrote:

> Yeah that was my thought.  I guess you pass around the array of servers.
> Just remove (or mark as N/A) from the list and/or reorder it.  At the end,
> core proxy picks whatever is in index 0 (possibly walking the list in case
> of connection error or something).

Essentially that is what proxy does now (or did before the balancer
stuff arrived) - it loops through everything that came back from the DNS
round robin query, trying to connect in turn until it gets something
other than bad gateway.

Rather than just the simplistic round robin DNS query, it should query a
hook (in which is embedded as the sensible default, a simplistic round
robin DNS query).

Regards,
Graham