httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Script to create ca-bundle.crt
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:31:05 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
> I was recently hacking on a script to create ca-bundle.crt:
> http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/lib/mk-ca-bundle.pl
> after I had finished my script I found that Joe already hacked a very similar script
3 years ago, and offered to the OpenSSL project:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg16980.html
> unfortunately it seems that this script is only in CVS, and not distributed with AP 1.3
mod_ssl...

> I would like to contribute my script to httpd if there's some agreement;
> I have sucessfully tested my script on a couple of Linux hosts (also with older Perl
5.0005), on Win32 running ActivePerl, and on NetWare; and with OpenSSL 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 (where
the OpenSSL commandline is only needed for optional text output).

> I've though no idea where it should live; probably in the ./test folder?

I'm wondering "why test/?" (goes for Dirk's as well).  Although if it's
simply too test-case specific, the test/ dir sounds fine...

...if it's very general for admins - why not support/ ?