httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cache - cleaning up mod_memcache and making other caches their live easier
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:49:00 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Before I embark on an experiment (without much design/planning) -- any
> thoughts ? Or has someone already done most of this and/or designed it
> properly ?

mod_disk_cache has certainly received more attention than the other
modules, and can probably be considered the most "right" of the modules.

In addition, a lot of the work on the cache has been incremental in
nature, so while it's "right", the code definitely has scope to become
more efficient through refactoring and more code reuse.

Regards,
Graham